EGG COLLECTION - TAKE ONE!

What to sign up to help out at one of our events?? We appreciate your help!! Let us know here.

Moderators: Al Millan, Gary Coe, HiTechKoke

EGG COLLECTION - TAKE ONE!

Postby Gary Coe » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:19 am

The "official" bird just flew over.... The first take was a great success. The eggs avaraged 268 per ounce and 1,326 ounces were harvested. The total count for "Take One" is 355,368 eggs. Fantastic!!! Now KP Director, Jake Flohr and his team are busy at sun up every morning starting that end of the process at the Friant Hatchery.

Thanks are in order...... Thanks for the great folks at the DFG who lead the way every year. Thanks to all of the Kokanee Power and Project Kokanee volunteers for making it happen. And a special thanks to the two Directors who coordinate and spearhead our volunteer efforts, Rick Kennedy, Project Kokanee and John Lico, kokanee Power.

FYI - It is starting to look VERY FIRM for the second take next Tuesday, the 16th. This will be back at the Little Truckee since the Taylor Creek fish are NOT quite ready to go. Contact Rick or John to get on the list.

Have a super day....Shasta, here I come! :D

Thanks,
Gary L. Coe
President
Kokanee Power
CCIFKSF, Inc
Gary Coe
System Moderator

Re: EGG COLLECTION - TAKE ONE!

Postby Fishguy67 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:50 pm

The eggs look good. so far have been able to take care of them with just a couple of volunteers from our Fresno team. As they come in more will be needed and our people are always up to the task..Thanks to all and to Barbara for making sure coffee is hot and ready for me when I leave bright and early to the hatchery..
Jake Flohr
Kokanee Power Board of Directors
Greater Fresno Area
Fishguy67
Chromer Member

Return to Volunteers